Half the wheels, twice the fun! Do you love all things bikes? Have you got a hankering for the great outdoors? Are you looking to work in a fun, fast-paced environment filled with particularly cool coworkers? Did you answer “yes” to every one of these questions? Ride on—Bike and Roll NYC is always on the hunt for cycle superstars! Bike and Roll is the premier New York City venue for professionally guided bike and Segway tours, as well as bike rentals. We have a variety of positions available listed below. We are looking for some seriously superb applicants who show an interest in bicycles (obvious, we know), Segways, New York City tourism, and delivering world-class customer service. If you think you might fit the bill, please apply now! We look forward to having you on the team.
Bike and Roll is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants equally without regard to their race, sex, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans With Disability Act. All applicants will be given equal consideration, but submittal does not imply that an applicant will be employed.
Bike and Roll hires friendly, enthusiastic, outgoing people who want to work with bikes in a fun, fast-paced, outdoor environment. Our goal is to ensure that renting from us or taking one of our tours is the best experience our guests have in NYC If you think you’re up for that challenge and want to join our team, check our our openings below.
If you’d like to join our team, here are some things we think you should know:
- Our 2017 season begins mid-March and ends Thanksgiving weekend
- Seasonal employment (spring, summer and fall) is available
- Some weekend and holiday hours will be required
- Day and evening hours are available
- We’ll train you on basic bicycle maintenance (if necessary in your position)
- We accept applications and resumes throughout our season
2017 Job Opportunities
Bike and Roll NYC is accepting applications for seasonal Tour Guides. Our Tour Guides run trips across New York City for public and private groups, providing historical and cultural facts to our guests to show them why we all love New York!
We are seeking well-spoken, outgoing and engaging individuals to lead our tours throughout the 2017 season. If that describes you, then spend the season with us, biking through Central Park, the Greenway, Brooklyn and more, entertaining our guests that come from around the world to experience New York City!
The essential duties and responsibilities of the Tour Guide include:
• Guiding private and public groups on sightseeing tours of New York City, monitoring guest activity to ensure compliance with tour regulations and safety practices
• Setting up necessary equipment in preparation for daily tours, including bikes, helmets and waters
• Greeting and registering guests prior to tour departure, and selling available tour spots to potential guests
• Department of Consumer Affairs Sightseeing Guide License required before hire
• 1-2 years of customer service experience preferred
• Ability to work outdoors, on your feet, for extended periods of time
• Availability to work varied shifts, including: mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays
• Multilingual skills a plus
Compensation and Benefits:
$13-15 an hour depending on experience, plus tips after
Discounted bike purchase
Free rentals and tours
How to Apply:
Please submit an up-to-date resume and cover letter answering the following questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) What do you love about New York City?
2) Why do you want to work here?
If working on bikes without any sales pressure sounds appealing, this is a great job for you.
Bike and Roll NYC is currently searching for experienced bicycle mechanics to work across our Manhattan rental locations and help maintain our fleet of more than 800 Trek bicycles. Keep your hands greasy tuning and truing, while providing some transport services, field repair and watching for trends on the equipment
Our team of mechanics works closely with our Operations team to provide support for our rental and tour fleets, ensuring that every ride a customer takes is a great one!
The essential duties and responsibilities of the Bicycle Mechanic include:
- Performing regularly scheduled preventative maintenance on fleet, building and repairing bikes as needed
- Maintaining mechanic shop area at our rental locations to keep up a clean appearance for our guests
- Maintaining accurate records of inventory levels and preventative maintenance on fleet
- Providing support for special events and tours, as needed
Compensation and Benefits:
- $12-13 an hour, commensurate with experience
- Discounted bike/parts purchase
- Free rentals and tours
How to Apply:
Please submit an up-to-date resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please put “Bicycle Mechanic” as the subject of the e-mail.
Do want to get paid to cycle around New York City with guests from around the world?
Bike and Roll NYC is currently accepting applications for our Tour Support team! Assist our team of Tour Guides with setting up bicycle equipment, help our guests get ready for the tour, and then ride along to Central Park, the Brooklyn Bridge and more to ensure that our guests are having a great experience!
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Arrive on site 30 minutes before tour departure to set up the required equipment in preparation for daily operations and tours
- Sell open tour spots to walk-up traffic around the departure site to maximize tour value
- Greet and register guests prior to tour departure, completing waiver documentation with all guests
- Ride ‘SAG’ with Tour Guide to assist with the group, ensuring that group stays together and follows safety procedures
- Breakdown and store all required equipment used for tours after tour conclusion
- 1-2 years customer service experience preferred
- Ability to work outdoors, both on your feet and on a bicycle, for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Availability to work varied shifts: mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Multilingual a plus
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.